- Former President Bush gave a rousing inspirational speech yesterday to the USA Olympics Fencing team. Bush told the athletes, 'Now go out there and build that fence.' - Conan O'Brien
- Nastia Luikin won the gold in the woman's all-around event in gymnastics. The competition was nasty, but she was Nastia.
- Why isn't sun tanning an Olympic sport? Because the best you can ever get is bronze.
- A javelin thrower called Vicky Found the grip of her javelin sticky. When it came to the throw She couldn't let go Making judging the distance quite tricky.
- Heard on the BBC News: 'The Olympic Countdown Clock has stopped, I think it's a wind-up.'
Tags: President Bush , USA Olympics Fencing team, USA , Nastia Luikin, Nastia , Luikin